Application Procedures & Interviews for PGY-1
As our program is part of the University of California, Davis Network of Affiliated Family Medicine Residency Programs, all applications and interviews are coordinated through our Program Coordinator, Anna Hernandez. The program accepts applications only though ERAS. US medical students may contact their Dean’s Office or visit the ERAS Web site at www.aamc.org/eras for information.
IMGs wishing to enroll in ERAS need to contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) at http://www.ecfmg.org for their application materials and eligibility requirements.
All applications are screened based on merit. In order to ensure the best interview date, please submit all application materials as soon as possible. The deadline for applications is December 31st.
The entire application is evaluated so we ask that you submit all supporting documents with your application. Selected applicants are then invited to choose an interview date using our interactive calendar. Once you have been screened in, you will be notified and given a Website address where you can select your interview date on the interactive calendar.
- ERAS application
- Dean's Letter and Medical School Transcripts
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Medical School completion within the last three years
- Maximum one failure in USMLE I/COMLEX Level I and USMLE II-CK/COMLEX Level II-CE
- No failures in USMLE II-CS/COMLEX Level II-PE
- Registration in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP), http://www.nrmp.org/.
- In addition to the above requirements, IMGs must also have the following:
- California Medical Board Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL). You may contact the California Medical Board for further information, http://www.mbc.ca.gov/.
- Valid ECFMG Certificate.
- U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency, Employment Authorization Document (EAD) or ECFMG-sponsored J-1 Visa
- Documented U.S. clinical experience is not required but desirable
- A complete list of the application requirements is available at: Residency Application Requirements
Application Procedures & Interviews for PGY-2
We currently do not have any openings for PGY-2 positions. If you are interested in a PGY-2 position at our program you may mail your application to the UCD Network or to our residency office and we will contact you if a position becomes available.
Upon a favorable review of the your application material, you will be given an invitation for an interview at our residency program. Interviews are schedule from November to mid-January. On the day of your interview, you will be given a tour of the hospital.
Helpful Interview Documents
7:30 AM - 8:00 AM. Welcome Presentation by Anna Hernandez. FM Administration, Room 1103.
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM. Morning Report with faculty and residents. Location: Conference Room. Health Center North Conference Room.
9:10 AM - 11:50 AM. Interview and tour of the hospital by faculty and residents. FM Administration, Room 1103.
12:00 PM - 14:00 PM. Lunch and tour with Residents and Faculty. Health Center North Conference Room. Lunch will be off-campus at a local restaurant followed with a tour of the area.