Frequently Asked Questions
- What are your minimum score requirements? There are no minimum score requirements as we take into account the whole applicant during the application process.
- Do you accept IMGs in your program? Yes, we accept IMGs, several of our residents are IMGs
- Do you accept DOs in your program? Yes, our program accepts DOs, several of our residents are DOs. Our hospital also serves as a site for Touro University medical students to rotate.
- Are both the USMLE and COMLEX needed for DO students? No, either exam is acceptable.
- Is U.S. experience mandatory for the program? We do not require it, but having U.S. clinical experience is a desirable characteristic for competitive applicants.
- Does the program sponsor visas? No. The program accepts ECFMG sponsored J-1 Visas, but does it not directly sponsor J-1 or H-1 visas. Noncitizens will be asked to provide a copy of a document that establishes employment authorization by the date of their interview. A list of acceptable documents can be found at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf.
- Where can I get a listing of where your residents attended medical school? Please take a look at our "Resident section" for information pertaining to our current residents.
- When does your program conduct interviews? Interviews will be conducted mid-October through mid-January. Our interviews start at 7:30 am and end by 2:00 pm.
- Can my application be considered if I graduated more than five years before I apply? Not usually. We require completion of medical school within the last five years of the commencement of residency. For academic year 2016-2017 we will consider applicants with completion dates of 2011 and later. Occasionally we consider applicants who have earlier graduation dates if there are other compelling circumstances such as prior GME training or recent clinical experience. If you think that you possess those qualities you can appeal the initial non-selection and request a secondary review of your application.
- Where can I obtain further information on the University of California, Davis network affiliation? For further details regarding the application procedures and interview process, please visit the Network Web site http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/fpnetwork
- What hotel can I stay at?
We recommend that you make travel arrangements soon after you confirm your interview date. We are unable to reimburse interviewees for travel expenses. We suggest flying into Sacramento airport (one hour North) or Oakland Airport (one and a half to two hours West. San Francisco Airport is also a possibility, but you will encounter more traffic.
The public transportation options from the airports are limited so we suggest that you rent a car. We suggest the following hotels for overnight accommodations:
LOCATED OFF I-5 A COUPLE OF MILES SOUTH
• Holiday Inn Express Lathrop (High Budget)
16855 Harlan Road, Lathrop, CA 95330 | (209) 858-1234
• Comfort Inn (Reasonable-High Budget)
14730 S. Harlan Road, Lathrop, CA 95330 | (209) 983-1177 or 800-228-5150
• Days Inn (Reasonable Budget)
14750 S. Harlan Road, Lathrop, CA 95330 | (209) 982-1959
LOCATED OFF I-5 FREEWAY, ABOUT 10 MILES NORTH
• Courtyard Marriott (Moderate Budget)
3252 West March Lane, Stockton, California 95219 | (209) 472-9700
• Hilton (High Budget)
2323 Grand Canal Blvd, Stockton, CA 95207 | (209) 957-9090
• University Plaza Waterfront Hotel (High Budget)
110 W. Fremont St., Stockton, CA 95202 | (209) 944-1140